Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Political Advocacy InternBookmark This
Emotions Matter, Inc.
Off Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY
Posted: May 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEmotions Matters, Inc. is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and empowering those impacted by Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and advocate for better mental health care. Launched in December of 2015, Emotions Matter is making strides in a grassroots efforts to achieve its missions. To learn more, visit www.emotionsmatterbpd.org.
Responsibilities• Develop databases of National and State level politicians interested in mental health advocacy,
• Research state legislative efforts to cover evidence-based treatments for BPD,
• Provide administrative support and outreach for letter writing campaign to National Institute of Mental Health for BPD research on Change.org in 2016,
• Provide long-range planning and develop strategy for state-wide advocacy efforts related to health insurance coverage in 2017,
• Write and maintain regular communication with members, through email and social media, with regards to advocacy,
• Write outreach communications to legislators about Emotions Matters and its advocacy efforts to raise awareness about BPD,
• Communicate with members about the organization.
Requirements• Experience or education about political campaigns, politics, and advocacy,
• Ability to conduct research,
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Google.docs is a plus,
• Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills,
• Strong planning and organizational skills,
• Communication and interpersonal skills,
• Passion for mental health advocacy and a connection to BPD would be helpful.