Fundraising InternClara Vista
In-Country CoordinatorClara Vista
Front Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Administrative AssistantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Sales AssociateAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Political Advocacy InternBookmark This
Emotions Matter, Inc.
Off Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY
Posted: May 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEmotions Matters, Inc. is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and empowering those impacted by Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and advocate for better mental health care. Launched in December of 2015, Emotions Matter is making strides in a grassroots efforts to achieve its missions. To learn more, visit www.emotionsmatterbpd.org.
Responsibilities• Develop databases of National and State level politicians interested in mental health advocacy,
• Research state legislative efforts to cover evidence-based treatments for BPD,
• Provide administrative support and outreach for letter writing campaign to National Institute of Mental Health for BPD research on Change.org in 2016,
• Provide long-range planning and develop strategy for state-wide advocacy efforts related to health insurance coverage in 2017,
• Write and maintain regular communication with members, through email and social media, with regards to advocacy,
• Write outreach communications to legislators about Emotions Matters and its advocacy efforts to raise awareness about BPD,
• Communicate with members about the organization.
Requirements• Experience or education about political campaigns, politics, and advocacy,
• Ability to conduct research,
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Google.docs is a plus,
• Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills,
• Strong planning and organizational skills,
• Communication and interpersonal skills,
• Passion for mental health advocacy and a connection to BPD would be helpful.