Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Marketing Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Public Relations Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Administrative AssistantThe Alive Inside Foundation
Social Media & Community Management InternThe Alive Inside Foundation
Public Policy & Advocacy Intern Fall 2017HEROES
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Social Media InternshipHEROES
Mental Health Advocacy & Awareness InternBookmark This
Emotions Matter, Inc.
Off Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY
Posted: May 01 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEmotions Matters, Inc. is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and empowering those impacted by Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and advocate for better mental health care. Launched in December of 2015, Emotions Matter is making strides in a grassroots efforts to achieve its missions. To learn more, visit www.emotionsmatterbpd.org.
Responsibilities• Research other organizations in the mental health field to enable us to network & collaborate with them
• Outreach to members & potential members to help plan events & expand our membership base
• Expanding our social media following by generating daily posts and interacting with people on social media
• Planning upcoming fall events
• Helping create marketing materials for upcoming events
Requirements• Experience planning events and outreach,
• Ability to conduct research,
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Google.docs is a plus,
• Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills,
• Strong planning and organizational skills,
• Communication and interpersonal skills,
• Passion for mental health advocacy and a connection to BPD would be helpful.