Volunteer Team Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Volunteer CoordinatorLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Message Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Fundraising and Partnership Development InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Editorial / Journalism InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Nonprofit Administration InternThe Rhody Center
Development InternSpina Bifida Association
Political Affairs Internship (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
88 Commercial St
Posted: June 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 14-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is 4-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to.
– Must be available Mondays 4:30-6:00 PM PST for The Borgen Project’s national conference call.
– Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
– Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
– Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
– Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
– As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
– Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
– Outstanding writing skills.
– Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
– Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.