Strategic Initiatives InternNational Society of Black Engineers
Adaptive Sports InternBreckenridge Outdoor Education Center
Non-Profit Management & Development InternSan Antonio Parks Foundation
Volunteer and Outreach Internship - Kentucky Horse ParkKentucky Horse Park
Graphic & Visual Artists- Help us help others.Hope for the Day
Spring Intern, Volunteer RelationsNew York Cares
Research, Writing and Outreach InternGlobal Peace Foundation USA
Human Trafficking InternGlobal Peace Foundation USA
Political Affairs Internship (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
4505 S. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV
Posted: June 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 14-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is 4-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to.
– Must be available Mondays 4:30-6:00 PM PST for The Borgen Project’s national conference call.
– Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
– Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
– Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
– Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
– As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
– Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
– Outstanding writing skills.
– Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
– Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.