ESL Volunteer TutorSouth-East Asia Center
Special Events InternshipLFANC
Park Church Co-op InternThe Park Church Co-op
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Program AssistantBookmark This
1422 Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX
Posted: February 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Antonio Youth's mission is to develop the characters, strengths, talents, and skills of at-risk youth living low-income communities who have dropped out of school. We help provide free after school "out of school time" programs that engage students from elementary to middle school, in fun, safe experiences, and positive learning environments. We also provide free support for unemployed high school drop outs from low-income communities by registering them in our recovery programs that allow them to attain their GED or high school diploma while participating in workforce training and community service.
The Program assistant will learn about the internal operations of a nonprofit agency. The program assistant will work under the Program Director to provide general office support and various functions supporting the mission of the department and agency.
Responsibilities· Maintaining the program calendar
· Providing timely database updates
· Assist in recruiting events
· Assist with completing monthly and annual reports
· Other program related duties
Requirements· Must be a current University or College student in good academic standing
· Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
· Sophisticated computer knowledge and proficiency, using databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, e-mail and other business application software.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks as well as work under and meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated, resourceful and creative with problem solving.
SkillsRequired - Computer Skills, Administrative Capabilities
Preferred - Recruiting, Communication Skills, College Recruiting, Student Recruiting, Organization & prioritization skills, Bilingual-English/Spanish, Writing Skills, Administrative Office Support, Planning & Organizing Skills, Direct Recruiting, Administrative Assistant, Bilingual Communications, Database Applications, Administrative Capabilities, Database