Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Program AssistantBookmark This
1422 Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX
Posted: February 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Antonio Youth's mission is to develop the characters, strengths, talents, and skills of at-risk youth living low-income communities who have dropped out of school. We help provide free after school "out of school time" programs that engage students from elementary to middle school, in fun, safe experiences, and positive learning environments. We also provide free support for unemployed high school drop outs from low-income communities by registering them in our recovery programs that allow them to attain their GED or high school diploma while participating in workforce training and community service.
The Program assistant will learn about the internal operations of a nonprofit agency. The program assistant will work under the Program Director to provide general office support and various functions supporting the mission of the department and agency.
Responsibilities· Maintaining the program calendar
· Providing timely database updates
· Assist in recruiting events
· Assist with completing monthly and annual reports
· Other program related duties
Requirements· Must be a current University or College student in good academic standing
· Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
· Sophisticated computer knowledge and proficiency, using databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, e-mail and other business application software.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks as well as work under and meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated, resourceful and creative with problem solving.
SkillsRequired - Administrative Capabilities, Computer Skills
Preferred - Bilingual-English/Spanish, Writing Skills, Communication Skills, Organization & prioritization skills, Planning & Organizing Skills, Administrative Capabilities, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Office Support, Database Applications, Database, College Recruiting, Direct Recruiting, Recruiting, Student Recruiting, Bilingual Communications