GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
Program AssistantBookmark This
Youth Crime Watch of Liberia
Parker Paint, Wood camp, Paynesville
Posted: May 26 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAt the heart of Youth Crime Watch Liberia’s programs is a strategy or theory of change that recognizes the need for active, empowered and enabled youth citizens who have a channel for interaction with an accountable state and society with the goal of reducing and preventing crime. By enabling and empowering Liberian youth through experience (community development projects), opportunities (leadership), skill-based training (entrepreneurship), and access (knowledge, education and technology), we help to bridge power gaps while simultaneously decentralizing economic activities and post-war reconstruction efforts. With programs entirely focused on building confidence, trauma healing, business/skills training, and action for women we help redistribute power bringing Liberia’s most at risk populations to a forum where they can be heard, respected and incorporated into all aspects of society and policy. While we currently focus on grassroots empowerment, we are beginning to incorporate civil engagement and policy advocacy into many of our programs. We do so through the establishment of innovative, collaborative platforms and channels that could connect all Liberians.
In this process we directly reduce risk factors that lead to crime. Through our crime reporting and prevention system and needs assessments we determine what primary interventions are needed where. In the future, as more and more young women and men become engaged in this system, they themselves will become leaders of peaceful interventions and become socially responsible, active citizens.
ResponsibilitiesThe Program Assistant at YCWL will essentially support planning, monitoring and coordinating the overall administration of program activities; as well as support proposals development and program publicity.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical assignments in support of the operations of the Program, and assists with information management.
• Assists in planning, monitoring and coordinating activities of the organization.
• Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including processing calls for proposals as required and maintain a tracking system;
• Through the use of periodic updates, administrative reviews and visits to project facilities, participates in program designs and analysis, assists in the preparing of periodic reports.
• Upon approval, represents the Program Manager in various meetings/functions both within the organization and outside of the organization.
• Support the development and maintain updates on team’s databases and mailing lists of stakeholders, allies and different levels of audience whether current or potential.
• Take minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings and report notes to the Program Manager for finalization.
• Assists the Program Manager and communication staff in designing and maintaining Program’s web site updates, designing and dissemination of different program IEC materials and prepare press briefings, etc.
• Play a key role in facilitating the recruitment, placement management and retention of the program volunteers including provision of information regarding the program, preparation of offers to participate.
• Set up a profiling database of all YCWL volunteers (both national and international) indicating key information including their time of service, areas of assignment, contributions, etc. and ensure that volunteers submit final reports of their activities at YCWL using a predetermined format to be developed with the assistance of the program Assistant.
• Actively identify, engage and cultivate relationships with potential sponsors, donors and partners to support ongoing and future programs and activities of YCWL locally and abroad
• Create a mailing group of potential institutions and individuals who eventually become recipient of YCWL regular updates
• Provide administration support to the all programs, including the creation of new files and the associated management of the filing process, updates etc.
• Provide training support to trainers, project/program coordinators AND YCWL beneficiaries across various disciplines including TOT, project/program management, M&E, project/program/activity design, and leadership
• Assist in organizational policy creation and implementation
• Create YCWL packages and content for donors and partner institutions to build YCWL’s capacity to implemen
RequirementsEducation and Experience requirements consist of a minimum of Associate Degree in any of the Social Sciences; Microsoft office applications; at least a year of professional experience
Relevant Skills Requirement:
At least an Associate Degree in any of the social sciences with good knowledge in gender issues. Bachelor Degree is an added advantage.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Ability to maintain expected performance in diverse contexts, potentially challenging environments.
Knowledge of the Liberian informal business market and youth demographics (preferable but general knowledge of informal markets and youth issues in developing countries required).
Ability to work independently and in a variety of vertical/horizontal teams
Computer literacy including Microsoft Office software, emails, internet
Excellent project management skills. Ability to partner across multiple organizations and to build credibility with engineering and business teams across the division.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
www.ycwliberia.org / www.experienceliberia.org