Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Program Coordinator Paid ApprenticeshipBookmark This
Arete Education, Inc.
360 East 149th Street
Posted: August 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW OF THE ARETÉ EDUCATION AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM
Areté Education staff provide students with safe space and supervision during the after school hours that children are most susceptible to delinquency. During this time, students are engaged in relevant and empowering experiences that support their intellectual, social, physical, and creative growth and development in the areas of academics, community, and arts.
• The Program Coordinator will work as a part of Areté Education Expanded Day Program by overseeing all afterschool program activities and support with behavior management The Program Coordinator will also design and implement team building exercises and family involvement events.
This position reports to the Executive Director. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily execute the responsibilities that are outlined below.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision of middle school children to ensure the safety of all program participants
• Develop operational systems for all aspects of Areté Education Expanded Day, Week and Summer Programs
• Staff supervision
• Facilitate staff meetings
• Facilitate meetings with parents
• Coordinate special events
• Ensure adherence to program policies and procedures by staff participants
• Training and support of program staff
• Initiate and oversee the design, implementation of team building exercises
• Prepare and submit reports related to program activities
• Design and maintenance of all relevant filing systems
• May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to the objective of the position