Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Program Director InternBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Program Director Intern oversees the coordination of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing and controlling program activities.
ResponsibilitiesEducation and Experience
- Experience with planning and/or management
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
The Program Manager Intern should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
RequirementsThe Program Manager will work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Office Manager to complete the following duties:
Plan the program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of YMWAHA
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
Staff the program
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices.
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements