Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Program Director InternBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Program Director Intern oversees the coordination of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing and controlling program activities.
ResponsibilitiesEducation and Experience
- Experience with planning and/or management
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
The Program Manager Intern should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
RequirementsThe Program Manager will work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Office Manager to complete the following duties:
Plan the program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of YMWAHA
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
Staff the program
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices.
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements