Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Program InternBookmark This
Oasis For Girls
1091 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: May 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Oasis For Girls:
The mission of Oasis For Girls is to partner with girls and young women of color from under-resourced communities to help them cultivate the skills, knowledge, and confidence to discover their dreams and build strong futures.
About Our Programs:
Our Springboard Series for girls is a year long sequence that emphasizes the development of both internal awareness and external skills. The Series provides girls with opportunities to create trusting relationships with positive, supportive adults, to develop a sense of identity and partnership with their group, and to build and practice key skills.
1. RISE Life-Skills Education:
•"Discovering Myself" focuses on positive decision making to navigate the challenges of adolescence. Workshop topics include women's rights, safer sex, self-defense, healthy relationships, nutrition, and more.
2. CREATE Arts Education:
•"Discovering My World" emphasizes the development of creative writing skills toward improved academic performance and healthy self expression. The Arts Education program is offered through an innovative collaboration with Writers Corps, a program that places professional writers in communities to teach creative writing to youth.
3. ENVISION Career Exploration:
•"Building My Future" combines hands-on technology training, academic support, and job readiness skills to support young women in paving a path to school and career.
The Springboard Series is offered three times per year, 2-4 hours per day, in 8-12 week sessions. Participants earn $300- 500 stipends during their tenure in the program.
About Our Girls
Oasis For Girls focuses on low income immigrant girls and girls of color, ages 14-17, in San Francisco. We strive to work with girls who are "on the edge" of risk; those who are "off the radar" or unnoticed, disengaged and under supported; and those who have just begun dabbling in difficulty.
Description of Position:
Oasis For Girls is seeking three program interns to provide administrative and programmatic support in planning, implementing, and evaluating in all three programs. Internships available three times a year in our Spring (Feb-Apr), Summer (June-August), and Fall (Sept-Dec) program cycles. Applications can be submitted in January, May, and August for the upcoming program cycle.
ResponsibilitiesParticipate and model behavior in program workshops and activities
● Form mentorship relationships with program youth in consultation with Program Coordinator
● Lead ice breaker activities and check in questions daily or as needed
● Oversee girl youth leadership roles and responsibilities in the program
● Provide behavior management and facilitation support to program staff
● Maintain program attendance records, as well as collect and file necessary forms from program participants
● Program set up/clean up support
● Act as chaperon on program field trips as necessary
● Possibility of designing and implementing program lesson based on intern interest, in collaboration with the Program Coordinator
● Experience creating and implementing innovative, creative & quality programming for youth.
● Bilingual in Spanish or Asian language.
● Positive outlook, high energy, and attitude.
This is a 10-12 hour/week unpaid volunteer position.
We are happy to work with educational institutions to offer course credits.