Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Program InternBookmark This
YMCA Camp Erdman
69-385 Farrington Highway
Posted: March 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionYMCA Camp Erdman is a year round camp facility. In the summer we run traditional resident camp programs, in the Fall, Winter and Spring we run leadership and environmental education programs for schools as well as retreats and conferences.
A Camp Intern must have a thorough understanding of the YMCA’s mission and goals, and a desire to work with children and adults of all ages. Leadership skills, enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor and a strong work ethic are all essential. This individual must have the ability to provide fun and innovative programs to youth.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will work in a full time capacity, working approximately 40-50 hours a week for a 3 month period as required by your school. Roles will vary based on experience and camps needs but may include:
• Facilitate low ropes & team building activities
• Facilitate high ropes programming (Odyssey and Alpine Tower) depending on experience
• Teach environmental education to groups.
• Be a role model for & develop positive meaningful relationships with youth.
• Provide camp tours to groups, parents and Lost fans.
• Assist in answering phone calls and operating the camp switchboard.
• General administration functions.
• Serve as Group Hosts to provide excellent customer service.
• Participate in projects as needed, included but not limited to cutting grass and camp cleanup projects
RequirementsThe following qualifications are preferable:
• High School Diploma
• College Experience
• Current CPR and First Aid
• Current Lifeguarding certification
• Experience working with children
• Experience in customer service
Ability to receive college credit is required.
SkillsRequired - Lifeguarding, CPR/AED Certified
Preferred - High Ropes, Environmental Awareness