Customer Service | Marketing Firm | Immediate HireELM Global
Customer serviceUpward African Woman
Office AssistantUpward African Woman
Social Justice Summer InternshipSummer Communities of Service
ALMA NYC (501(c)(3) Arts Company)ALMA NYC
UMD SAFE Center for Human Trafficking Survivors: Social Services Summer 2017 InternshipUniversity of Maryland SAFE Center
Special Events InternNational Kidney Foundation of Illinois
Camp CounselorProdigal Kids
Program InternsBookmark This
1121 NE Jackson Street #121
Posted: September 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are seeking dynamic self-starters to assist with all aspects of program coordination. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of a non-profit. It will give you hands-on experience working with clients, and is perfect for anyone interested in women’s health, public health, social work and related fields. We are specifically looking for people who are available Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday Mornings.
Responsibilities• Program facilitation, specifically client referrals for doula support, car seats or breast pumps.
• Fundraising and event planning and facilitation.
• Organizing and processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• General administrative and office support
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at our Northeast Minneapolis office, plus additional availability to help at special events as needed
Requirements• A special interest or specific study in a related field including women’s or public health, social work, and nonprofit
• Good working knowledge of Google programs (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Slides etc) and/or a working knowledge of WordPress a plus.
• Great written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work within our diverse socioeconomic and cultural community.
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet
• Ability to speak a second language (specifically Spanish or Somali) is a plus.
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. For those with specific interests
in fields such as marketing, development, or more, we will work with you to find ways to allow you relevant
experience for your field of choice.
SkillsRequired - Oral & Written Communication Skills, Organization & prioritization skills, Cultural Awareness, Self Motivated, Google, Google Drive
Preferred - WordPress, Bilingual-English/Spanish, Somali