Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Program InternshipBookmark This
National Association for Children of Alcoholics
10920 Connecticut Avenue, #100
Posted: July 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA) is seeking highly motivated college interns to assist with the re-organization, administration and expanded national distribution of a whole family, evidenced-based recovery program's curriculum and implementation trainings. This opportunity involves assisting with developing necessary tools to assist in managing the program, opportunities to promote the program, creating additional support for trainers, and documenting program activity and success across the country. (This opportunity does not provide experience with direct service to families.)
The National Association for Children of Alcoholics – Voice for the Children - believes no child of an alcohol or drug dependent parent should grow up locked in fear, silence, or isolation. Our mission is to eliminate the adverse impact of alcohol and drug use on children and families.
NACoA, a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership & international affiliate organization, carries out its mission in four critical ways:
• Raising public awareness.
• Providing leadership in public policy at the national, state, and local levels.
• Advocating for appropriate, effective and accessible education and prevention services.
• Advancing professional knowledge and understanding.
Responsibilities• Research and expand database
• Research regional involvement of program
• Survey agencies and other community partners providing the program
• Draft marketing materials
• Assist in developing support materials for a variety of genre (print, online, webinar) for trainers
Requirements• Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
• Strong research and administrative skills
• Outgoing personality and good communication skills
• Motivated to work independently
• Volunteer experience with local nonprofit programs helpful, but not required
SkillsRequired - Research, Communication Skills, Brand Awareness, Microsoft Office 2007, Task Management, Writing and Editing
Preferred - Multi Tasking, Work Effectively