Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
BABYSITTING JOB WANTEDCandicepowell
Office InternAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Marketing Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
Web Content/Multimedia Internship (summer 2017 with the possibility to extend to fall 2017)Chicago Humanities Festival
Program Services InternBookmark This
Disabled Sports USA
451 Hungerford Drive, Suite 100
Posted: June 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDisabled Sports USA’s mission is to provide national leadership and opportunities for individuals with disabilities to develop independence, confidence, and fitness through participation in community sports, recreation and educational programs. Every day, we work hard to pursue our vision that “every person, regardless of ability, has an equal opportunity to participate in sports and recreation in their community.”
The Program Services Intern is primarily responsible for supporting Disabled Sports USA events and programs. The internship involves travelling to and supporting a wide variety of event and program logistics. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about project management, event management and planning, as well as non-profit operations and organizing programs for people with disabilities.
The Program Services Intern reports to the Program Manager. The placement is a full time (40 hour/week) office based internship in Rockville, MD. A stipend is provided toward meals/travel. Office hours are Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:30pm.
• Assist in making travel/logistical arrangements, tracking participation/registration, recruitment
• Travel to and support events as required, including driving DSUSA vehicles (may include weekends)
• Visit medical rehabilitation facilities and talk to patients regarding DSUSA programs when needed
• Calls and e-mails to program participants
• Create and disseminate information for program participants, sponsors, volunteers and others as directed
• Create and distribute event promotional materials
• Capture and record new participant information
• Maintain the media and quote tracking files
• Assist other DSUSA staff as directed
• Maintain the DSUSA database and online registration systems as directed.
• Shipping and mailing