Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Programming and Volunteer InternBookmark This
Shoal Creek Conservancy
707 West Avenue, Suite 101
Posted: December 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Shoal Creek Conservancy (www.shoalcreekconservancy.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2013 with the mission of restoring, protecting and enhancing the ecological, social and cultural vibrancy of Shoal Creek for the people of Austin, Texas by engaging the public and partnering with the community. We seek to achieve this mission through activities that maintain and improve the Shoal Creek trail and greenway; enhance the public’s enjoyment of the Creek; and restore the watershed. Shoal Creek is the city’s oldest trail and extends for approximately four miles through the heart of Austin, Texas.
Description: Shoal Creek Conservancy seeks an intern with strong writing skills and knowledge and understanding of communications strategies, the digital media landscape, including various social media websites, and graphic design. The intern will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and administer marketing and communications campaigns for the Conservancy. The position is available to undergraduate or graduate as well as recent graduates.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires a minimum semester/summer commitment
Hours: At least 15 hours a week, preferably two to three times a week in the office
Stipend: $1,000 per semester/summer
Please send a cover letter and resume to Joanna Wolaver at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in the Conservancy.
Responsibilities● Design and execute at least one monthly public eventor activity along Shoal Creek, such as yoga in the park, outdoor movies and guided tours in partnership with Executive Director
● AssistwithcoordinationofvolunteerimprovementworkdaysalongShoalCreekonIt’sMyParkDay in March, National Trails Day in June, and National Public Land Day in September and other work days
● Design and assist with the management of an adopt-a-garden program
● Investigate opportunities to expand SCC programs by partnering with other organizations
● Monitors and evaluate program performance and participation
● Recruit and help manage volunteers for work days, including developing list of potential volunteer
groups and individuals; attending events to recruit volunteers, scheduling volunteers for particular
events; providing them with necessary documentation; conducting orientations
● Assist with planning major fundraising events
Requirements● Ability to work with a diverse group of people; professional demeanor
● Experience and comfortable coordinating and leading a large groups of people
● Previous experience planning events and programs and/or managing volunteers
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Enjoys working outdoors as well as in the office; experience with trail/restoration projects a plus
● Extreme attention to detail
● Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects at one time
● Completed or working toward a degree in a related field such as Education, Non-Profit
Management, Volunteer Management, Program Management
● Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products
● Enthusiasm for the Conservancy’s mission