Healthcare InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Public Relations InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Marketing InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Office Business AssociateA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fundraising Committee:Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Programs Intern WantedBookmark This
Posted: August 09 2016
Company Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBEAUTY! is a girls mentorship program that provides prevention, empowerment, and mentoring to girls ages 9 -18 years of age. We inspire awareness through workshops, seminars, and one on one sessions that encourages advancement and leadership. Our program results in increased self-esteem, knowledge, courage, confidence, and personal development.
This Program Intern will be responsible for implementing our Girls Mentoring Program for females ages 9-18 years. The program teaches young ladies about self-esteem, character development, life skills, career exploration, etc. The program is designed by providing small group mentoring sessions at United Way and various of facilities throughout Houston. This Program Intern will be responsible for assisting with curriculum development and implementation.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain current knowledge of youth development and generate ideas on how to improve existing program.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in the mentoring field to aid in the expansion of the organization.
• Assist program director and mentee/mentor liaison with all aspects of the mentoring program as necessary with scheduling, set-up, creating lesson plans, implementation, breakdown, volunteer assignments, etc.
• Recruit volunteers and create/manage database of volunteers.
• Responsible for donation requests, which include tracking requests, coordinating delivery or pick-up of items, managing inventory and reporting items donated.
• Generate reports to the director.
• Assist with all hosted events.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Create Social Media schedule and post as approved and assigned
Requirements- Must be a female living in the Houston, TX area
• Sophomore, Junior, Senior or graduate level students or recent college graduates.
• Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Human Services, Education coursework or degrees preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Powerpoint and Excel required).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must have own transportation (most work is "virtual" with approximately 4 hours a week onsite)
• Will be required to complete and pass a background check