Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Public Affairs InternBookmark This
U.S. Nuclear Infrastructure Council
1317 F Street, NW
Posted: June 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe United States Nuclear Infrastructure Council (NIC) is the leading U.S. business consortium advocate for new nuclear and the promotion of the American supply chain globally. Composed of over seventy companies NIC represents the "Who's Who" of the nuclear supply chain community including key utility movers, leading technology innovators and cutting edge supply chain providers.
NIC is seeking candidates with a can-do attitude who are strategic, independent thinkers with a keen ability to learn for full-time, unpaid internships to perform administrative, programmatic and logistical tasks to assist and support NIC projects, outreach and membership development efforts. If you’re looking to learn the ropes in public affairs and advocacy in the DC non-profit association world, we want to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the dynamics of challenging issues and strategic strategies for effectively reaching key policymakers and constituencies. The NIC Internship gives an opportunity to gain association experience in the energy field, while providing interns ample opportunities to build ties and relationships with industry professionals, congressional offices and administration staff.
The successful candidates will conduct research, prepare documents and reports, maintain databases, support membership development efforts, assist in communication and social media activities, and carry out other administrative tasks as needed, serving as a primary resource for assistance for the NIC team.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Internship” in the subject line.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the illustrative tasks below:
• Assist NIC team members and working groups with research and logistical/operational support for organization of events and other activities;
• Support development and drafting of NIC material;
• Maintain contact databases, conduct research, and assist with writing and editing assignments as needed;
• Help accurately and regularly track legislation, attend and report on Congressional hearings, trade association meetings and policy briefings;
• Help prepare materials (e.g., one-pagers and briefs) on relevant topics about NIC activities, members and initiatives for the NIC website and other outlets;
• Assist the collection of basic cost and pricing inputs for budgets;
• Support to NIC membership development efforts such as perform entry-level program tasks related to membership and as assigned; and
• Perform other logistical, administrative and programmatic support tasks as needed.
Successful candidates should have an interest in government, energy, and public affairs with an attention to details. The ideal candidate must also possess strong research skills; self-motivation; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; excellent oral, written, note taking, proofreading and interpersonal communication skills; a good sense of humor with a high level of professionalism; the ability to work independently and as a team player; and the ability to learn quickly and continuously.
SkillsRequired - English, Microsoft Applications
Preferred - Public Affairs, Energy, Nuclear Energy