Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Policy InternshipBookmark This
HEPATITIS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 350
Silver Spring, MD
Posted: March 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPublic Policy Intern
Hepatitis Foundation International offers a dynamic and substantive internship opportunity to promote HFI’s mission through advocacy and strategic collaboration. The intern will develop issues briefs and other legislative material, research issues and legislation, attend meetings and promote public policy on critical issues on diseases affecting the liver and other health related conditions for the Foundation. Responsibilities will include researching, developing advocacy materials (including topical issues in healthcare such as the Affordable Healthcare Act, HEAA, Biosimilars, obesity, MADUFA, PADUFA, healthcare disparities) and developing content for legislative and advocacy policy, grant submissions, online and print publication, and programmatic prospects.
HEPATITIS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
Hepatitis Foundation International is a non-profit organization established in 1994 dedicated to promoting liver wellness and reducing the incidence of preventable liver-related chronic diseases and lifestyles that negatively impact the liver including; obesity, diabetes, hepatitis, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular disease and fatty/liver cancer.
The HFI’s Internship Program offers participants an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a non-profit 501(c)(3) health education organization serving over 5,000,000 constituents annually.
• Internship candidates provide essential public policy and administrative support, other responsibilities vary.
• Many internship candidates are studying health policy or health law, public health, health promotion or health education, however, the program can provide outstanding background for students from a number of different fields of study including: business, marketing, and communications.
• HFI will consider applicants without a public policy background, however, this will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with a twenty-hour-a-week minimum commitment for a minimum of 6 weeks to 6 months. HFI will work with students to meet requirements needed for earning academic credit. Time Commitment: Monday-Friday 20-35 hours. Academic Credit: Academic credit for the Program is at the discretion of your college, or university. HFI will assist you in providing appropriate information as your school requests.
HFI invites anyone to apply, although most internship candidates are either currently in college or graduate school, or recent graduates. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns can expect to work on a variety of projects critical to promoting HFI’s mission similar to other non-profit voluntary organizations.
• Attend meetings in person and/or via conference call and webinar related to liver disease;
• Develop/draft legislative positions in relation to a number of different topics;
• Provide research support in development of advocacy positions and funding opportunities;
• Develop health information, i.e. fact sheets for diverse audiences;
• Identify advocacy opportunities; and
• Author position statements, corresponding press releases, organizational support statements and opinions;
• Attend/represent HFI at coalition, briefings and other advocacy meetings.
• Administrative responsibilities and data entry.
HFI interns will have the opportunity to develop a project(s) in conjunction with HFI staff that they will create and complete during their internship.
RequirementsQualified Candidates Should:
• Have excellent written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities
• Be able to work independently, with initial guidance
• Be flexible and detail oriented
• Be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• MS Office Software
• Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management across a range of businesses and organizations.