Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Events & Development InternshipAdaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Public RelationsBookmark This
Denver Rescue Mission
6090 Smith Road
Posted: July 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDenver Rescue Mission has been serving the poor and needy in the Denver metro area for more than 120 years. We are changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens.
Internships at Denver Rescue Mission offer hands-on experience in nonprofit, human services, and ministry fields. You won’t be sorting envelopes or delivering coffee! At the Mission, you’ll make a lasting impact by serving the homeless and needy. Our goal is to help interns grow educationally, professionally, and spiritually so that they are equipped for a lifetime of service in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our internships follow the academic calendar and have fall, spring, and summer start dates. Full-time and part-time internships are available. Full-time interns also enjoy free room and board, a monthly stipend and tuition remuneration.
Gain first-hand experience in public relations within a non-profit setting. Learn media relations skills including pitching story ideas, writing news releases and developing media relationships. You will learn the important role that media plays in advocacy and awareness for the homeless and the education of the public. Tasks will include writing, editing, brainstorming campaign ideas, research projects, news monitoring, event planning and social media strategy. Establish interview skills and gain video production knowledge. Discover how to integrate faith into the work environment.
To start the application process, visit: DenverRescueMission.org/internships
• Gain first-hand experience in public relations within a non-profit setting.
• Learn media relations skills including pitching story ideas, writing news releases and developing media relationships.
• Learn the important role that media plays in advocacy and awareness for the homeless and the education of the public.
• Discover how to integrate faith into the work environment.
• Media relations
• Database research and management
• Develop social media content and strategy
• Develop blog content
• Monitor relevant news and maintain weekly reports
• Plan and execute special staff and fundraising events
• Work across departments to integrate Mission marketing campaigns
• Hands-on experience with media outreach and managing media on-site
RequirementsPreferred 3rd/4th year in studies
If offsite, preferred within 20-30 miles distance (NO telecommuting)
Working towards Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Writing experience, journalism, communications
Strong written/oral communication skills
Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office