Event CoordinatorThe G.Y.M. Project
Social Media & Community Management InternThe G.Y.M. Project
Fundraising Intern for One Warm CoatOne Warm Coat
Business Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Grant Writing InternTubman
PROGRAM INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Regional Mental Health Advocacy Coordinator - VirtualGriffin Ambitions Ltd.
Teachers/Counselors at SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Winning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Posted: February 02 2016
Company Location: Snellville, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWinning the Battles In Your Mind is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides awareness, social and educational services to families with children battling life threatening diseases. We host several events throughout the year in the Atlanta area and we are looking for interns to work directly with the Director of Public Relations. We are looking to increase our promotion strategy to bring awareness to a larger audience for each event.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
RequirementsInterns will perform the following duties:
-- media and blogger research
-- posting events and specials online
-- social media management
-- writing, editing and updating press release
-- recruiting volunteers
-- securing gift bag items
Interns must be:
-- self starter
-- able to work independently
-- forward thinking
-- great writing skills
-- pays attention to detail
-- has some knowledge of public relations and marketing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.