Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Digital & Communication InternSafe Kids Worldwide
Cape Fear Volunteer Center Programming CoordinatorCape Fear Volunteer Center- Big Buddy Program
Grant researcher and writerChildren's Museum of Roanoke
Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Marketing Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Public Relations Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Womanspace East, Inc.
2000 Fifth Ave
Posted: August 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWomanspace East, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization; as one of the very few homeless family organization working progressively for the welfare of the women and children we serve in crisis in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area. At WSE, Inc. we provide Emergency Shelter, Bridge Housing, and Transitional Housing to homeless women and children, by providing vital services that embrace a holistic strength based approach to crisis resolution and treatment by addressing the needs of the total family and providing vital services where the family can find support, guidance, and redirection to make them contributing members to the community again. We have been working for these social causes since we established our organization in 1976 by a small group of women who recognized the need to provide supportive services to women who had fallen victim to homelessness due to a variety of crisis.
This interns should be a self started and prepared to work in a fast paced environment. The interns will gain broad experience in marketing, PR, fundraising, social media, from a non-profit prospective.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records.
- Contribute to website redesign.
-Monitor and post on agency social media site.
-Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements.
-Create or update donor database.
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.