Public Relations InternBookmark This
GETTING OUT AND STAYING OUT
Posted: September 15 2016
Company Location: Jersey City, NJ
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
C.U.P.P. (Children Under Peer Pressure) is a nonprofit agency providing mentoring programs for middle and high school youth in the Greater Jacksonville, Fl. area. The program will form partnerships with local school districts and the juvenile court system. C.U.P.P.'s goal is to foster a commitment to young people that will promote pro-social friendships, strong interpersonal skills, and reassert a sense of hope in the future. Only through personal relationships can a sense of individual responsibility be reestablished that will give youth the commitment to follow through on the path to adulthood with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.