Social Media InternshipJamaica Land We Love
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Internship - Light The Night CampaignThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Community Engagement InternshipArthritis Foundation
Special Events InternAmerican Heart Association - Greater Washington Region
Summer Program MemberProject Transformation North Texas
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
AU PAIRAu pair Network International
JCC Maccabi Summer InternshipJCC Association of NA
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Florida Family Literacy Center Inc.
2116 Tyler Street
Posted: January 26 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFlorida Family Literacy Center Inc. is a non profit that provides family Literacy, tutoring and mentoring programs to children who are in Kindgarten to 4th Grade who are struggling in school. Our fundraising programs includes family, health and wellness centers. There centers provide classes in dance fitness, yoga, pilates, meditation, diabetes management etc to the public. We also have family fun and fitness activities on evenings and weekends. All monies raised from these centers and activities goes towards the operation of our programs and services. Our fundraising intern will create, implement and monitor new fundraising programs and activities that will result in raising funds to support our family Literacy, tutoring and mentoring programs.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.