Social Media & Community Management InternCaregiver Relief Program
Community Outreach InternEnd Malaria Now
Digital Learning FellowLeadersUp
Strategic Initiatives InternNational Society of Black Engineers
Adaptive Sports InternBreckenridge Outdoor Education Center
Non-Profit Management & Development InternSan Antonio Parks Foundation
Volunteer and Outreach Internship - Kentucky Horse ParkKentucky Horse Park
Graphic & Visual Artists- Help us help others.Hope for the Day
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Florida Family Literacy Center Inc.
2116 Tyler Street
Posted: January 26 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFlorida Family Literacy Center Inc. is a non profit that provides family Literacy, tutoring and mentoring programs to children who are in Kindgarten to 4th Grade who are struggling in school. Our fundraising programs includes family, health and wellness centers. There centers provide classes in dance fitness, yoga, pilates, meditation, diabetes management etc to the public. We also have family fun and fitness activities on evenings and weekends. All monies raised from these centers and activities goes towards the operation of our programs and services. Our fundraising intern will create, implement and monitor new fundraising programs and activities that will result in raising funds to support our family Literacy, tutoring and mentoring programs.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.