Communications/Social Media InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Outreach/Fundraising InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Development InternshipAmerican Diabetes Association
Students Summer Intern (Church - Youth Ministry)Vail Christian Church
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
Make-A-Wish Arizona Volunteer Services Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, JournalismBookmark This
Posted: November 28 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIt’s Wednesday afternoon and you’re greeted with virtual high-fives. Once again, you came to the rescue; you are now a bonafied public relations superhero-in-training. We have to warn you though, your typical day (Typical? What’s typical in the world of non-profit communications?) may sound a little more like this: you’ll likely crave a coffee drip, but it won’t be possible because it’ll hinder your movements as you race from one place to another. And the avid scrolling on your smartphone isn’t an intense game of Candy Crush; you’re monitoring our social media activity.
Ready to see what’s behind door number one?
We’re looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of non-profit communications, from top to bottom. It's essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity and understand the importance of attending to the mere details.
ResponsibilitiesJOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots and other special events
• Write press releases and other materials
• Assist with developing and implementing campaigns
• Create interview preparation materials
• Assist with developing compelling story angles
• Create or update databases
• Proactively manage editorial calendars
• Draft content for various social media platforms
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism
SKILLS AND OTHER PLUSSES
• Proficiency with basic computer applications , including Google Docs
• Additional technology prowess given priority (WordPress, Hootsuite, Klout, email marketing programs, video blogging)
• Voracious reader of books, newspapers and magazines
• Fabulously creative event planner
• Avid consumer of news
Applicants must have strong communication and writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only applicants who are proficient with Microsoft Office applications should apply.