Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Events & Development InternshipAdaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Referral Intake and Medical Outreach Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Public Relations & Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Lil' Iguana's Children's Safety Foundation
472 Amherst Street Suite 11
Posted: March 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLil’ Iguana’s Children’s Safety Foundation is looking for an intern to assist as our organization expands.
The Public Relations & Marketing intern in our Nashua office will be responsible for a variety of tasks to connect our nonprofit to the public and the press. We are putting a large focus on developing our audience on social media and would like you to assist in these efforts. A successful candidate will be able to work independently on all projects and tasks throughout the day.
An ideal intern will be creative in developing worthwhile online content, finding appropriate information outlets and developing new strategies for outreach. A basic understanding of Facebook, Twitter, SEO, and online trends is a plus.
The candidate must also be able to write a press release that can be published through a variety of news outlets. Must be comfortable working with journalists and bloggers in order to get news released in a timely manner. Attendance will be expected at weekend events in order to assist and conduct marketing tasks.
This is a great opportunity to develop your communication skills with a small team dedicated to the safety and well-being of children. We will offer hands-on learning in order to develop important skills applicable to future communications work with organizations.
Responsibilities- Research and develop content ideas for the Lil’ Iguana’s Safety Corner blog
- Brainstorm and schedule social media posts for Facebook, Twitter and other online platforms
- Effectively communicate Lil’ Iguana’s mission accurately and consistently
- Develop press releases to be distributed to local and national media
- Create campaigns to increase engagement with the Lil’ Iguana brand
- Produce story ideas about Lil’ Iguana that can be sent to news outlets
- Answer and direct phone calls in our office
- Help with other tasks as needed
Requirements- Must be receiving course credit, this is an unpaid internship
- Must be available to work weekends
- Knowledge of social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Must be able to write a press release suitable for use in news publications
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and online resources
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions on new projects and events
- Basic photography/video production and editing skills
-Experience with adobe suite software
- Ability to communicate our mission effectively