Community Radio ProgrammingMALCOLM X CENTER - WMXP/95.5fm
Communication InternEmbrace Relief Foundation Inc
WOLA's Sally Yudelman Internship ProgramWashington Office on Latin America
Volunteer Coordinator InternCommunity Computer Alliance
Community Engagement InternCentral Texas Food Bank
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Kitten Nursery InternBest Friends Animal Society
REACT to FILM Educational Program Summer Intern NYCBookmark This
REACT to FILM
Posted: March 20 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionABOUT US: REACT to FILM is a 501c3 nonprofit that leverages the best documentary filmmaking to promote social responsibility and spark civic engagement. Begun as a film series to expose an intimate audience in New York to a critical social issue using the best documentary film on that subject, REACT to FILM has expanded primarily as a platform of educational programs in high schools and colleges across the country with a simple goal: to change the world using the best social issue documentary films!
INTERNSHIP DETAILS: The Educational Program internship allows interns to work directly with the Director of Educational Programs in Kingston (Hudson Valley, NY) on the day-to-day programming and coordination of REACT to FILM's College Action Network. The intern will also work with the director in organizing or preparing curriculum materials for the High School Education Program. The Communications/Social Media internship focuses on outreach efforts related to REACT to FILM's Educational Programs. This internship will be based primarily in New York City. Interns work directly with REACT to FILM's Operations Manager on the organization's logistical day-to-day activities, which include following up on correspondence, generating creative social media posts, blogging, as well as assisting the director with any REACT to FILM events in the city.
Keywords: Advocacy and Outreach, Media Literacy Education, Campus Programming, Civic Engagement, Film Screenings, Non-profit Organizaton, New York
- Reviewing and editing curriculum
- Watching and evaluating documentary films
- Generating creative, new ideas for lesson plans and activities
- Finding potential guest speakers and drafting materials for College Action Network Chapter Leaders
- Blogging about the experience
- Organizing information in spreadsheets
- Calendar mapping for the school year
Requirements- Candidates should be available to meet in person 2 days/week during the spring, and dedicate a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Personal transportation and a laptop are necessary.
- Candidates should also be proficient using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Google Drive.
- No compensation, but this is a great opportunity for college credit or field work experience!
- Communications, Media Studies, Film, Journalism, and Education majors, and any students involved in social activism, who are also responsible, creative, and have strong oral and written communications skills, are strongly encouraged to apply!