Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Outreach InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
General Intern for the Fellows of the American Bar FoundationThe American Bar Foundation
Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Regional Director (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
1340 Administration Ave
Posted: June 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
You don’t need to be a lobbyist to help influence foreign policy. As a Regional Director, you’ll serve as a Borgen Project Ambassador in your city – mobilizing your friends, family and colleagues to contact Congress in support of key poverty reduction legislation. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for the world’s poor.
- Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders to support poverty reduction legislation.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
- Serve as The Borgen Project’s ambassador in your city.
- Basic understanding of U.S. Politics and international development.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
- Strong team player that loves to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to demonstrate frequent independent judgment with decisiveness.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.