Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Relay For Life, Fundraising and EventsBookmark This
American Cancer Society
986 South Springfield Avenue
Posted: January 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis position is located at the Springfield NJ (union county) office.
Mission of the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives from cancer, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Relay For Life is an organized, overnight community fundraising walk. For more information please visit: www.relayforlife.org.
Responsibilities- Learn how Relay Specialists review event data from previous years and determine untapped potential for various community and college events
- Observe trends in and discuss with Relay Specialists ideas on how to increase fundraising and mission education through events
- Use Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets
- Learn ways to retain volunteers through recognition. Students will have an opportunity to generate their own volunteer recognition ideas.
- Shadow Relay For Life Specialists on how to execute large scale events
- Administrative assistance
RequirementsIdeal minimum hours would be between 8-16 hours a week. (Office is open Mon - Fri with some help needed on weekends is available)
Internship is nonpaid but candidates can receive school credit.
Must be experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.