Event Coordinators InternshipsHipHoticHelps Inc.
Research and Development - Embrace Texas - embracetexas.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Research, Social Media, & Communication - African American Church InitiativeChristian Alliance for Orphans
Non-Profit Assistant + Management Intern - Ignite Hope; https://www.ignitehope.online/Christian Alliance for Orphans
Graphic Design - Mercy House Global; mercyhouseglobal.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Well known animal rescue organization seeking interns to help with our Saturday adoption drivesOLLIE'S PLACE
Part-time Fall Internship at a Chicago Non-ProfitImerman Angels
Development InternIraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Research and Outreach InternBookmark This
Amagansett Food Institute
Posted: April 18 2016
Company Location: Southampton, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAmagansett Food Institute - Research and Outreach Intern
The Amagansett Food Institute (AFI) is seeking a Research & Outreach Intern to help with research and education materials for AFI, South Fork Kitchens, and the Amagansett Farmers Market. This includes engaging the local community through promotion of timely policy updates, the development and design of educational materials, and promoting awareness of our business members, the café, the incubator kitchen, and the Market by various means.
AFI supports, promotes, and advocates for farmers and food producers on the East End of Long Island. Our recent efforts include a grab-and-go café, a commercial kitchen incubator, and a retail market for the growth of local food businesses and the production of value added goods on the East End of Long Island. AFI runs a farm to food pantry program and coordinates a farmer-to-farmer training program for young and beginning farmers.
This opportunity is for someone who loves food. This internship can be completed remotely from home or campus. If completed locally, it will provide the opportunity to work closely with young farmers and food professionals, network within the East End food community, and much more. It is an excellent resume builder.
This is an unpaid internship with a flexible start date. The internship will last 6-8 weeks. Class credits or work-study can be arranged.
- Conducting ongoing research in agriculture, food business, and philanthropy to identify innovative policy and local happenings.
- Supporting the development of member portfolios and database management for staff and board use.
- Conducting research on relevant program sectors.
- Coordinating with members to develop strategic content for communications and member promotion.
- Drafting, editing, and formatting elements of written materials for use in educational materials and communications efforts.
- Updating our database, templates, and other program and communications materials.
RequirementsOur Ideal Candidate:
- Is knowledgeable and passionate about local food
- Is working toward a business, policy, and/or food related degree
- Has strong communication skills in both oral and written formats
- Has experience in policy or education
- Is able to work independently in a flexible environment
- Has experience with Microsoft suite
- Has knowledge of social media