Event CoordinatorThe G.Y.M. Project
Social Media & Community Management InternThe G.Y.M. Project
Fundraising Intern for One Warm CoatOne Warm Coat
Business Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Grant Writing InternTubman
PROGRAM INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Regional Mental Health Advocacy Coordinator - VirtualGriffin Ambitions Ltd.
Teachers/Counselors at SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Research Assistant InternshipBookmark This
The Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse
1349 Empire Central Drive Suite 800
Posted: January 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis position works closely with the Regional Resources Evaluator, and the Prevention Resource Center (PRC) team to locate local data related to substance abuse consumption patterns, consequences, and risk and protective factors. The intern will then work with the Regional Resources Evaluator to design the data for dissemination to the community through fact sheets, newsletters, and presentations/trainings. The data collection will focus on the state’s three prevention priorities of alcohol (underage drinking), marijuana, prescription drugs, and include tobacco and other drugs.
1. Assist Regional Resources Evaluator with data collection process and locating new local data resources.
2. In conjunction with the PRC 3 team, provide assistance with creating materials for information dissemination of recent local data key findings.
3. Ensure that the data collection process is shared with the community through the “elevator speech” the PRC 3 team has created.
4. Help create presentations to schools, churches, civic groups and other community organizations in Region 3. Possibility to give presentations at the end of the internship.
6. Work with other community key stakeholders to promote surveys and the epidemiological process.
7. Work with key stakeholders to locate training needs and technical assistance needs related to evaluation.
8. Research data for newsletter, fact sheets, website, and social media.
9. Research statistics that are appropriate for billboards.
10. Update and maintain the regional resource contact list.
1. Strong presentation skills and meeting facilitation experience
2. Detail oriented with ability to plan, organize, set priorities and achieve objectives
4. Willingness to travel in service area
5. Personal vehicle with applicable Texas insurance required
1. Bachelors degree preferred
2. Research/epidemiological experience preferred
3. Experience in alcohol, marijuana and other drug prevention preferred
4. Experience in community health preferred
5. Experience in graphic design preferred
6. Computer and Internet experience required (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point); Microsoft Access and Publisher experience preferred
SkillsRequired - Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Research Experience