Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
School & Youth InternshipBookmark This
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
2405 Park Drive, Suite 100
Posted: December 12 2014
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.
Seeking an energetic individual to join our School & Youth team! Make a difference in the fight against cancer by assisting with the retention and completion of the School & Youth Programs during the Spring Semester. The School & Youth Programs, Pennies for Patients and Pasta for Pennies are service-learning programs for elementary and secondary schools where students collect money starting with their own spare change and then pool it with their classmates to help other students battling with cancer.
• Attend strategy meetings, assemblies and check presentation ceremonies
• Create “Penny Times” e-newsletters
• Mail thank you packets and conduct thank you calls to coordinators
• Update the S&Y website & Facebook
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Great for Education Majors
• Schedule Pasta for Pennies Lunches
RequirementsQualifications and Experience:
• Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, experience in database management a plus
• Excellent communicator, a clear, professional and friendly speaking voice, strong written and verbal communication skills
• “Can do” attitude
• Ability to multi-task
• Eager to learn