- Internships /
- Non-profit /
- Senior Center Health – Wellness Internship (Part Time/Internship) Meals On Wheels Atlanta
Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Case Management InternUCP of Central Florida
Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Senior Center Health – Wellness Internship (Part Time/Internship) Meals On Wheels AtlantaBookmark This
Meals On Wheels Atlanta
1705 Commerce Dr NW
Posted: January 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionREPORTS TO: Center Manager
WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, 2 - 5 Days a Week
LENGTH OF TIME: Flexible Internships in the Spring, Summer, Fall
Meals On Wheels Atlanta (MOWA) Mission is to support senior independence through meals, shelter, education and community. Each year, MOWA accomplishes this by delivering nutritious meals, repairing homes, providing community and wellness support, and helping seniors.
(MOWA) is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Center Intern. The intern will provide administrative and staff support while gaining a deeper knowledge of senior center management and nonprofit operations. This is an unpaid, part-time position for registered college/university students.
• Increase a student's sense of responsibility.
• Acquire good work habits.
• Enhance multi-tasking skills.
• Enhance communication skills.
• Learn to use nonprofit software such as ServTracker or Harmony.
• Improve public speaking and training skills.
• Better understanding of Atlanta nonprofit network.
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide health and wellness workshops, screenings, and fitness activities.
• Conduct blood pressure, weight and glucose screenings.
• Conduct fall prevention and chronic disease management aid to senior centers.
• Conduct pre and post surveys.
• Participate in monthly calendar planning.
• Actively participate in hands on activities and discussions that focus senior’s physical wellness.
• Prepare and distribute marketing materials to members.
• Perform general office automated duties: typing, filing, data entry, answer and phones.
• Facilitate activities, workshop or discussion.
• Assist with meal preparation and dissemination of meals.
• Assist with special projects, events and or outings.
• In coordination with Neighborhood Senior Center Team, help assist relationships within the community and attract volunteer groups from corporations, churches, civic and student groups etc.
• Help represent the organization in public meetings and presentations to the community (e.g. volunteer fairs).
• Help assist with Social Media initiatives, newsletter articles and volunteer thank you Facebook posts.
• Ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally (Customer Service).
• Ability to drive to and from volunteer activities mostly in the Atlanta metro area.
• Must be a current student or recent graduate.
• Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
• Must have transportation and use it on occasion for work duties.
• Must be able to lift over 20-30 lbs.
• Volunteer Management experience considered a plus.
• Event Planning experience a plus.
• Outgoing demeanor, with the ability to motivate others.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
• Highly organized.
• Able to multi-task and respond to deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
• Additionally, all MOWA Interns are expected to take on additional responsibilities and participate in organizational wide endeavors as appropriate. Internship descriptions are not limited to items in formal internship description.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Meals On Wheels Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the Intern will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.