Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Site Monitor / Case Planner (Brooklyn Location)Bookmark This
Community Counseling and Mediation
810 Classon Avenue
Posted: October 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCommunity Counseling and Mediation (CCM) is an established, innovative, community-based not-for-profit social service agency serving Kings County, Brooklyn, New York. From a single-site mental health center, CCM has grown into an eleven-site, multi-service agency. CCM provides a broad spectrum of culturally informed programs and quality services in four core areas: 1) Mental Health and Substance Abuse; 2) Education and Youth Development; 3) Preventive, Adoption and Foster Care Services for Youth and Families; and 4) Housing Services.
Community Counseling & Mediation
Community Counseling and Mediation (CCM) is currently seeking dedicated individuals with a profound interest in making a significant and positive difference in the lives of some of New York City’s most disconnected and underprivileged youth by providing them with the knowledge, resources, job training and experiences they need in order to transition successfully into adulthood.
Site Monitor / Case Planner (Candidate)
Candidate will report to CCM’s 810 Classon Avenue location in Brooklyn, NY or CCM's West 31st Street location in Manhattan to assist CCM’s WL&GEP department during the intake, enrollment, retention and auditing processes of the WL&GEP program.
• Candidate will conduct interviews and assessments that may result in the enrollment or disqualification of applicants.
• During the intake and enrollment process, Candidate will refer youth to supportive services ensuring that those services are the most appropriate to meet the needs of youth and/or their families.
• At the onset and throughout the program, Candidate will serve as a liaison between CCM site monitors, participants and worksite representatives.
• Candidate will assist site monitoring staff in the supervision of CCM participants and worksites.
• Candidate will also assist site monitoring staff in the performance of fiscal duties and will assist in the completion, review as well as the data entry of worksite monitoring notes.
• Candidate must complete CCM’s Orientation, Community Advocates Training as well as CCM’s Site Monitoring Training which will inform and better equip him/her to carry out assigned duties. Program regulations, policies, and requirements will be covered during training.
• Candidate must contact selected applicants and set up appointments for an intake process.
• Candidate must greet and inform youth and their families about the intake process and the program.
• Candidate must collect and verify official documents that will determine applicant eligibility for enrollment.
• Candidate must review applications, applicant surveys as well as supportive service provider lists in order to assess and refer youth and/or their families to the most appropriate services.
• Candidate must conduct interviews and assessment of enrolled participants in order to assist in the determination of their worksite placements.
• Candidate must conduct site monitoring visits to participating worksites in order to perform assessments of the facilities, retrieve participant timesheets or gain signatures of sensitive documentation.
• Candidate must perform fiscal duties which involve the calculation and approval of participant payroll.
• Candidate must also perform duties that entail the completion, review and data entry of worksite monitoring notes that will be entered into NYC’s DYCD’s database.
• Candidate is responsible for the administration, collection, organization and submission of CCM’s program documentation on a daily basis.
• Candidate is responsible for reporting any issues or violations that come to his/her attention while administering, collecting or organizing CCM’s program documentation.
• Candidate must attend all staff meetings as required.
Candidate must be available Monday through Friday from 11am to 7pm.
• Candidate must be detail oriented, organized and possess strong communication skills.
• Candidate must be an ambitious self-starter eager to apply creative, solution-oriented approaches that will enhance CCM’s program.
• Candidate should be flexible and should also be a team player.
• Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Candidates must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, value diversity and be committed to making a positive and profound impact on the lives of others.
• Candidate must be willing to travel within the borough of Brooklyn and perhaps the borough of Manhattan
• Candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office
• Candidate must possess the ability to calculate hours (candidate should know how to use a calculator)
• Candidate must be able to commit 35 hrs a week