Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
Corporate Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
Social Digital Media InternBookmark This
Art of Self-Esteem
Posted: June 02 2016
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 2009, Art of Self-Esteem, Inc. is a leader and innovator in providing comprehensive multidisciplinary arts and skills community and school based programs/projects, servicing children, teens and young adults throughout the Central and North Brooklyn with a focus in the Brownsville/Ocean Hill Communities of Brooklyn.
The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Art of Self-Esteem’s online community. The intern will maintain Art of Self-Esteem’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Art of Self-Esteem’s website.
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-‐up environment. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, education, community relations, and audience development.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Activities and events.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Art of Self-Esteem Inc.
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Grows Art of Self-Esteem Inc. online social networks by increasing fan-‐base and interactions.
• Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Takes pictures and videos of training events to be developed into content for the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Uploads Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Photos and videos to the appropriate server or DropBox account.
• Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
Analytics and Reporting
• Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Website.
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Facebook page.
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Twitter page.
• Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
• Expert level knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software.
• Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
Requirements• Creative self-‐starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-‐editing and video-‐editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
• Available to work 15 hours per week.