Volunteer Recruitment/Management InternPark Silly Sunday Market
New Projects Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Refugee Resettlement Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Volunteer Coordination Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Organizing InternMove to Amend
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIA (Burma/Monitoring and Evaluation)NDI
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIANDI
Safety and Security InternDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Social Digital Media InternBookmark This
Art of Self-Esteem
Posted: June 02 2016
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 2009, Art of Self-Esteem, Inc. is a leader and innovator in providing comprehensive multidisciplinary arts and skills community and school based programs/projects, servicing children, teens and young adults throughout the Central and North Brooklyn with a focus in the Brownsville/Ocean Hill Communities of Brooklyn.
The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Art of Self-Esteem’s online community. The intern will maintain Art of Self-Esteem’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Art of Self-Esteem’s website.
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-‐up environment. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, education, community relations, and audience development.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Activities and events.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Art of Self-Esteem Inc.
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Grows Art of Self-Esteem Inc. online social networks by increasing fan-‐base and interactions.
• Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Takes pictures and videos of training events to be developed into content for the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Uploads Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Photos and videos to the appropriate server or DropBox account.
• Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
Analytics and Reporting
• Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Website.
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Facebook page.
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Art of Self-Esteem Inc. Twitter page.
• Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
• Expert level knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software.
• Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
Requirements• Creative self-‐starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-‐editing and video-‐editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
• Available to work 15 hours per week.