Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Social Media and Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Grace and Glory
P.O. Box 11914
Posted: April 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGrace and Glory is seeking an exceptional, detail-oriented, and committed intern in non-profit donor development, marketing and social media. Your objective is to promote G&G via social media around the world and educate, inspire and motivate people to help us on our mission. As our social media intern, you will gain valuable experience using a variety of tools to create a following and grow exposure for G&G while building a portfolio of your work.
Grace and Glory (ggkids.org) is a nonprofit whose mission is to fight hunger, encourage play and give hope to children in need of a brighter tomorrow. We work closely with a primary school in Montrouis, Haiti to help provide education and resources to the children and families in the community. Locally we reach out to children in varying shelter situations and underprivileged communities by bringing them superhero capes while encouraging them to find their inner strengths.
Responsibilities- Generate daily content on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest; build and maintain content distribution
- Help maintain the G&G presence on online social networking sites by starting conversations and nurturing visitors into deeper levels of involvement in G&G’s work
- Generate articles/information for monthly mail Chimp newsletter updates for G&G’s supporters
- Develop and execute social media campaigns according to G&G’s needs
- Assist in blog outreach and research potential marketing partnerships
- Keyword research including cataloging and indexing target keyword phrases
- Optimize content for search engine ranking/ improved web presence
- Monitoring press releases, regional news outlets, and blogs for source material and story ideas
- Attend occasional fundraisers and program events -- take photos, share pictures/updates on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Requirements- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Functional knowledge of Wordpress, MailChimp
- HTML/CSS knowledge helpful.