Development InternSpina Bifida Association
AdministrationLEADING LADIES OF SOCIETY
Event Coordinators InternshipsHipHoticHelps Inc.
Research and Development - Embrace Texas - embracetexas.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Research, Social Media, & Communication - African American Church InitiativeChristian Alliance for Orphans
Non-Profit Assistant + Management Intern - Ignite Hope; https://www.ignitehope.online/Christian Alliance for Orphans
Graphic Design - Mercy House Global; mercyhouseglobal.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Well known animal rescue organization seeking interns to help with our Saturday adoption drivesOLLIE'S PLACE
Social Media and Recruitment InternBookmark This
American Red Cross
41 Park of Commerce Way
Posted: July 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA Social Media and Recruitment Intern has the unique opportunity to maintain and deliver the Red Cross message across multiple platforms and channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, Google+ and others. This position allows you to use your creative skills to create targeted recruitment flyers and messages and distribute them throughout the Southeast and Coastal Georgia area. In addition, the Social Media and Recruitment Intern will be responsible for developing one large scale recruitment event at the end of their internship that must be advertised through various social media channels. If you are interested, please contact Chelsea Hall 912-651-5321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesUpdate Facebook and Twitter pages
• Engage with posters talking about any of our Red Cross chapters
• Regularly research, write and post stories for blogs, social sites, websites and other platforms.
• Answer the “mail” on FB, Twitter, Flickr, blog and other sites where people engage
• Shoot, edit and post photographs to Flickr sites
• Create one-take video and post to YouTube
• Write human interest stories that highlight the work of volunteers, leaders, donors, disaster victims, etc. Feature stories are typically 500-1,000 words and may require telephone interviews or face-to-face interviews.
• Identify supporting visuals for blog and feature stories.
• Work independently to find unplanned content related to Red Cross to share on the blog.
• Interview affected families, obtaining a story and signed information release form for each interview
• May be asked to shoot photos with your smart phone if a photographer isn’t available
• Alert leadership to any negative posts
• Provide support for special events and projects as well as other duties as assigned
As a capstone project, intern must:
• Assess chapter volunteer needs to determine which volunteer positions are most critical to fill.
• Assess chapter volunteer needs to determine best location to host a large scale recruitment event.
• Secure a location for the large scale event
• Advertise the event on social media and in person flyers (in local businesses and stores in area)
• Plan and prepare for the presentation, including organizing event space, presentation materials and for any additional staff or volunteer resources needed (Disaster Program Manager, Executive Director, Volunteer Specialist, Active Disaster Volunteers, etc.)
• Execute a successful recruitment event
• Follow up and thank you notes to event sponsors
Requirements15-20 hours a week between the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, this internship may require additional times at night or during the weekend to accommodate scheduled recruitment events.
• Highly motivated student in Journalism, Mass Communications, Marketing, English, Public Administration, Human Resources, or related field is preferred, though equivalent combination of academic and work experience with demonstrated skills may be considered.
• 3.0 Overall GPA
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exhibit excellent multi-tasking, research, and organization skills while working proficiently under pressure and with customer service in mind
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including initiative and ability to work well independently, while collaborating with the team
• Ability to perform in a changing environment and be solution focused to resolve conflicts
• Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Good computer skills, including familiarity with applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and other Internet sites. Experience with Web Content Management tools and Search Engine Optimization.
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid Georgia Driver’s License and/or reliable transportation
• Ability to pass a national background check
• Must be active on personal social media accounts
• Must be willing to make social media accounts public and share with Red Cross teams
• Regularly check email and have regular internet access
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in using social media sites
• Strong writing, editing, research and interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate strong AP writing style and be able to easily research and edit stories.
• Must be familiar with basic computer operations and have the ability to upload content to the blog or by email remotely
• Authentic, creative, funny and engaging storyteller
SkillsRequired - Social Media Marketing, Written & Verbal Communication Abilities, Social Media Communications, Event Planning and Management, Recruitment Marketing, Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred - Communication Design, Business Administration