Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Events & Development InternshipAdaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte
Passionate About Social Justice and Media InternBookmark This
Interfaith Broadcasting Communication
630 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: October 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Interfaith Broadcasting Commission (IBC) (http://interfaithbroadcasting.com) is a cooperative venture of America's Abrahamic faith communities – a broad coalition of Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Christians, Jewish and Muslim organizations — in partnership with ABC, CBS and NBC and their affiliated stations nationwide. We are looking for a Social Media Intern to help increase the organization's online and web based presence.
Our ideal intern has some experience with Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Google Analytics, and SEO, and a background in writing, marketing, media, or communications. You will be working directly with staffers on projects involving social media, online marketing and grassroots outreach and distribution initiatives. The IBC is committed to providing a forum for the discussion of faiths' practices while foregrounding faiths' work in national and international social justice issues.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Begins preliminary research on grant opportunities
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Passionate about social justice issues and committed to being a tool for their change
SkillsRequired - Facebook, Excel, SEO, Telephone Skills, Google Analytics, Twitter, Word Processing, Grant Research
Preferred - Graphic Design, WordPress, Social Media Outreach, Public Outreach