Site DirectorBe The Change, Inc.
AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Passionate About Social Justice and Media InternBookmark This
Interfaith Broadcasting Communication
630 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: October 04 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Interfaith Broadcasting Commission (IBC) (http://interfaithbroadcasting.com) is a cooperative venture of America's Abrahamic faith communities – a broad coalition of Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Christians, Jewish and Muslim organizations — in partnership with ABC, CBS and NBC and their affiliated stations nationwide. We are looking for a Social Media Intern to help increase the organization's online and web based presence.
Our ideal intern has some experience with Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Google Analytics, and SEO, and a background in writing, marketing, media, or communications. You will be working directly with staffers on projects involving social media, online marketing and grassroots outreach and distribution initiatives. The IBC is committed to providing a forum for the discussion of faiths' practices while foregrounding faiths' work in national and international social justice issues.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Begins preliminary research on grant opportunities
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Passionate about social justice issues and committed to being a tool for their change
SkillsRequired - Facebook, Twitter, SEO, Google Analytics, Telephone Skills, Grant Research, Excel, Word Processing
Preferred - WordPress, Graphic Design, Public Outreach, Social Media Outreach