Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Posted: June 10 2015
Company Location: Oakland, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Joyful Harmony Center is a Peace-centered community providing leadership and support for people pursuing inner peace, healthy relationships, and the creation of a peaceful world. We are a small group but growing group, mostly without technology skills and we need help!
We offer lots of free activities to support this mission and need broad, consistent postings to social media and local event listings to invite the community. You can do this remotely, as long as you are in the USA. Also, if you are local and have these skills, we seek photographs and video of the events to update our website. Website redesign is a looming project and (although we are hiring a great designer) we'd love help making the content great and REAL (not using stock photos) to reflect our community.
You can work on your own schedule, from where ever you like, help make a difference for people AND build your skills for a terrific recommendations.
See our current website at www.joyfulharmony.org to get a sense of the group and our activities.
Responsibilities-Once accounts are active, this internship would require <1 hour weekly to maintain.
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Updates various local event calendars (SF Bay Area specific)
- Collaborates with staff on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and contact management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, variety and PEACE!
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Works well independently with minimal supervision
SkillsRequired - Facebook Marketing, Website Updating, Social Media Communications, Writing For The Web
Preferred - Nonprofits, Publicity, Peacebuilding, Facebook Fan Page Creation, Event Based Marketing