Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
California Climate Wiki Seeking InternsClimatePolitics
Administrative AssistantParents Against Bullying (P.A.B.)
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Operation Vet Works
Posted: May 05 2016
Company Location: Dallas, TX
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionABOUT THE INTERNSHIP: This internship is a non-paid position to help veterans who are seeking jobs and those needing support to maintain employment. Hours are flexible. The selected intern will manage our existing social networks, specifically Twitter & Facebook to gain and engage followers to taking action to help promote the cause as well as provide support for those utilizing online career tools we provide.
ABOUT US: Operation Vet Works is a fiscally sponsored non-profit program and consultancy focused on helping companies recruit and retain employees, ultimately improving long-term employment outcomes for veterans and underserved populations. Operation Vet Works was founded by a military spouse and HR professional with a passion for using her skills and experience to help veterans in the workplace maintain civilian jobs and progress their careers.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Assist with promoting online activity to help veterans, answers questions and provides support to help job seekers
Requirements- Experience managing social networks, specifically Twitter, Facebook & Instagram to gain and engage followers to taking action to help promote cause
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles/pages to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment