Volunteer CoordinatorLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Volunteer Team Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Message Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Fundraising and Partnership Development InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Editorial / Journalism InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Nonprofit Administration InternThe Rhody Center
Development InternSpina Bifida Association
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Men Elevate Now, Inc.
Posted: March 27 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionM.E.N. Men Elevate Now is a contemporary after school program focusing on the needs of New York City's inner city youth. The program targets males ages 13 and up, recognizing the statistical gaps between males and females regarding graduation, drop out and post-secondary enrollment rates. M.E.N. recognizes students need guidance and care to develop into whole, competent adults who can enjoy gainful employment and work constructively and collaboratively to improve their communities and society as a unit. School single-handedly cannot provide our youth with all that is needed especially in inner urban city communities. It is then up to other partners to step in to help. Considering the successful raising of our collated adolescent is society's most fundamental even
vital task--we are all partners.
Our mission is to change the world one young man and mind at a time. To enrich the lives of students with virtuous skill-building activities that build self-confidence, character and values to improve academic performance and overall attitudes toward school.
This internship is a VIRTUAL position meaning you can do this from ANYWHERE. We will arrange to meet at some point for special events and fundraisers.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Promote all fundraising activities via social media
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment