PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Summer 2017 Internship with ORT America - Northeast Major GiftsORT America
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Buddha Cat Press
Posted: February 16 2016
Company Location: Santa Monica, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCalifornia is in a severe drought. Californians have reduced water use by 25.5% since June, continuing to meet Governor Brown’s 25% mandate, yet the drought is expected to continue indefinitely. While residential water use only accounts for 4% of California’s water footprint, animal agriculture uses 47% of California’s water. Got Drought? is a public art project dedicated to getting these facts out to the public via a billboard and social media campaign.
Using interesting graphics and simple language, we have put into plain terms how much more water is required for a meat-based diet versus a plant-based one. Our campaign reaches everyday Californians through billboards around four major cities in California. In addition to the billboards, our website offers interactive tools to calculate your food’s water footprint, and our Facebook and Twitter pages have thousands of articles with information on the drought, climate change and animal agriculture’s connection to both, along with recipes, tips and articles on the benefits of a plant-based diet. We are educating people on how to live longer, protect the environment and save water by empowering them to make one simple behavior change.
We are a small non-profit group of volunteers looking for a social media intern to work for college credit or work experience. Due to the nature of the project as it stands, we are not in the position to hire employees and are looking for someone who wants to volunteer to help the cause. Since November, we have executed 12 billboards around the city of Los Angeles and have plans to take our campaign to San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Sacramento and Fresno in 2016.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Contribute to website redesign project in various ways
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
SkillsRequired - Research, Social Media, Facebook, Writing, WordPress, Web Applications, Twitter, Instagram, Social Media Blogging, Social Media Management, Customer Contact
Preferred - Blogging, Web Design, Art, Web Development, Activism, Public Relations Skills