Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Social Media & Community Engagement InternBookmark This
Box it out inc.
Posted: December 23 2014
Company Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBox It Out, Inc. is a nonprofit organization devoted to changing the culture of gun violence in Chicago by changing the mindset of its youth. Using the Olympic sport of boxing as the platform, this innovative program provides opportunities for self-assessment, productivity and transformation. Students are taught critical fundamentals beyond the physical aspect of the sport and gain an abundance of personal qualities to be applied to every day challenges. Participants develop sustainable characteristics and skills that transform them as individuals which include discipline, goal-setting and attainment, healthy competition, relationship building, work ethic, decision-making, anger management, independent thinking, self-esteem, responsibility, attitude, accountability, focus, leadership, respect, sacrifice and humility. Students are also provided supportive resources and opportunities to meet their academic obligations and goals.
Responsibilities- Utilize social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks.
- Create and curate all published content (images, video, and written); monitor, listen, and respond to users in a way that cultivates new participants and supporters to encourage growth of likes/followers.
- Engage in dialogue and answer questions where appropriate and in a manner that represents the priorities and philosophy of Box it Out, Inc.
- Coordinate and develop creative ideas for online campaigns.
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge.
- Collaborate with Box it Out, Inc. staff on projects and assignments.
- The social media intern will work from home and communicate with Box It Out staff primarily through email, phone, and text. S/He will have biweekly conference calls with staff to evaluate progress and strategize on the execution of the social media action plan.
Requirements- Students applying for this internship should be Marketing/Business majors or similar.
- Experience conducting outreach on the Web with a solid understanding of youth markets.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in nonprofit work and become an advocate for Box it Out, Inc.
- Demonstrate interest in social media and how marketing and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community to gain support for a worthy cause.
- Perform well in an environment that values flexibility, accountability and a balance of creative and analytical thinking.
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability.
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus.
SkillsRequired - Social Media Communications, Community Outreach, Internet, Online Advertising, Analytical Writing
Preferred - Nonprofit Management