Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Referral Intake and Medical Outreach Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Internship For Food, Nutrition & Cancer Recipe WebsiteCook For Your LIFE
WGBH American Archive of Public Broadcasting (various)WGBH
Special Events InternMarch of Dimes
SOCIAL MEDIA / DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNBookmark This
Talie Marie Foundation
Posted: January 24 2016
Company Location: Chelsea, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCharity Organization: Talie Marie Foundation, Our mission is to give anyone affected by Sexual Violence, Domestic Violence, or Suicide a place to express themselves and heal.
Our organization collects blank journals to be given to local crisis centers around the country, these journals will be giving to victims, family or friends of victims, EMS (police/fire/emergency medical), and to the men and woman who work in the crisis centers. These journals will have a message of hope written in the inseam of the journal. Sexual assault and domestic violence has a ripple effect not just to those within the inner circle of a victim but to those whom are there caring for them and helping them through one of the toughest experiences of their lives.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. "Someone who is creative, good at coming up with ideas — willing to take an idea and run with it without a lot of micro-managing by me, has tons of enthusiasm for what they are doing and is always looking for what we can do next."
You will receive a task list on Sunday morning by 10am for the following week and will be responsible to have sent a return email detailing your weeks work and findings or suggestions by the following Saturday 12pm midnight.
We are looking for someone who can help us build our following as well as achieve our mission through social media outlets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, + ABILITIES:
• Must be extremely detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through
• Strong writing skills
• Communicate effectively in both written + verbal form
• Flexible in work functions + duties
• Ability to manage multiple tasks + meet deadlines
• Proficient in managing large amounts of data + ability to interpret + extract meaningful insight from data
• Exceptional time management skills
• Strong teamwork skills
• PC proficiency + strong skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel) essential
• Must be able to focus for long periods of time at a computer screen given the nature of the digital business
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position and in no way is to be construed as a contract. As with all positions, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the organization and the team member. Employment is not for a set period of time and may be discontinued by either party for any reason with or without notice.
Responsibilities• Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter
• Website and social media optimization
• Keyword analysis
• Monthly cost/benefit analysis of social media advertising
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship should be Marketing/Business or Language majors
• Strong communication skills.
• Confidentiality! Victims may use social media to reach out to our charity, their identities should never compromised.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and Flexible.
• Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
• Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
• Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
SkillsRequired - Teamwork, Multi Tasking, Attention To Detail, Deadline Driven, Communicate Clearly
Preferred - Strong Work Ethic, Flexible Approach