Fundraising InternClara Vista
In-Country CoordinatorClara Vista
Front Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Administrative AssistantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Sales AssociateAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN at GAMES FOR CHANGEBookmark This
Games for Change
205 E. 42nd St.
New York, NY
Posted: August 08 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGames for Change is looking for a social media intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this fall. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
Interns will support the following programs:
• NYC G4C Student Challenge: We’ve launched our second Games for Change Student Challenge, a new game design program for middle and high school students, in New York City, Dallas, and Pittsburgh.
• G4C Industry Circle: In a first-of-its-kind effort to acknowledge the achievements and opportunities in the games for change sector, we are pleased to announce a new initiative called the Games for Change Industry Circle.
• LRNG: In 2015, we produced three live arcades for youth across the country, reaching more than 2,500 kids. We’ve joined the LRNG, the relaunch of Cities of Learning, as a strategic partner.
• G4C Talk & Play series: A recently launched lecture and game arcade series. We were honored to host our initial events with Jane McGonigal, YouTube stars, and game developers at YouTube Space LA, and tech innovation community PopTech.
• Public Arcades: Our arcades bring the work of game developers addressing positive social change and learning to new audiences and unexpected contexts. We’ve featured games at Tribeca Family Festival Street Fair, the Smithsonian Museum of American Art, YouTube Space LA, and more.
• Game design challenges and a yet-to-be-announced project. : )
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Social Media Intern” to meghan (at) gamesforchange.org. Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
• Availability (hours per week) and location
• School, program and expected graduation year
• Sample tweet for the G4C program listed above that is of the most interest to you. This should be written as if it is coming from the Games for Change Twitter account.
• Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
• Details on any prior related internship experience
• Draft social media content for Games for Change’s social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Help manage our social media and communications calendar
• Schedule approved posts via Tweetdeck and social media scheduling tools
• Research leaders and influencers in key areas for specific G4C programs
• Provide reports from Google Analytics and social media tools
• Add posts to the Games for Change blog
• You have excellent grammar, writing, and research skills
• Ideally, you’ve handled social media accounts for an organization before. At minimum, you have active social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and are familiar with or willing to learn social media scheduling tools.
• Know how to collect and report social media metrics
• Basic photo-editing skills for editing and resizing photos and screenshots
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Google Docs
• Comfortable with WordPress and HTML
• Driven to complete tasks on time and able to switch gears quickly
• Knowledge or interest in the games, especially social impact games
• Familiarity with Google Analytics a plus
• This Internship is both for credit and non-credit.