Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
California Climate Wiki Seeking InternsClimatePolitics
Administrative AssistantParents Against Bullying (P.A.B.)
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN at GAMES FOR CHANGEBookmark This
Games for Change
205 East 42nd Street
New York, NY
Posted: August 31 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 8 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
• You have excellent grammar, writing, and research skills
• Ideally, you’ve handled social media accounts for an organization before. At minimum, you have active social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and are familiar with or willing to learn social media scheduling tools.
• Know how to collect and report social media metrics
• Basic photo-editing skills for editing and resizing photos and screenshots
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Google Docs
• Comfortable with WordPress and HTML
• Driven to complete tasks on time and able to switch gears quickly
• Knowledge or interest in the games, especially social impact games
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Social Media Intern” to meghan (at) gamesforchange.org. Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
• Availability (hours per week) and location
• School, program and expected graduation year
• Sample tweet for the G4C program listed above that is of the most interest to you. This should be written as if it is coming from the Games for Change Twitter account.
• Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
• Details on any prior related internship experience
Responsibilities• Draft social media content for Games for Change’s social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Help manage our social media and communications calendar
• Schedule approved posts via Tweetdeck and social media scheduling tools
• Research leaders and influencers in key areas for specific G4C programs
• Provide reports from Google Analytics and social media tools
• Research industry news and updates from game developers
• Add posts to the Games for Change blog
Requirements• Weekly commitment of 16-24 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks
• Position based in New York (with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate)
• Internship is for school credit and no credit. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit