GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
Social Media InternBookmark This
Center for Health Justice
900 Avila St #301
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: March 31 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWant to use your creativity to help people in extreme need? Looking for a mentally stimulating and fulfilling internship/volunteer opportunity?
Center for Health Justice (CHJ) serves people impacted by incarceration, providing health education and support that act as a bridge to a productive life. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, CHJ views incarceration as a period of opportunity, developing health promotion strategies and innovative programming for incarcerated and recently released individuals, their family members, and partners.
Opportunity/Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
CHJ’s volunteer internship opportunities provide students with a work environment where they can gain real-world experience collaborating with professionals from various disciplines, while simultaneously helping people in extreme need. CHJ is seeking an individual with various design and/or photography skills to join our team as a volunteer social media intern. Unique learning and training opportunities include:
- Access to professional networks
- Creating original content/imagery for social media
- Enhancing CHJ’s web presence
- Conceptualizing and designing your own project based on your creativity, skill set, expertise and passion.
- Collaborating with CHJ’s Communications Specialist on projects
Intern candidates are expected to:
- Commit to at least 7 hours a week (flexible schedules)
- Use his/her personal laptop and email for all internship work.
**Please note this is a volunteer internship and is unpaid**
- Creative and reliable
- Well-versed in various social media platforms
- Exceptional organization skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Technically savvy and aware of emerging trends
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.) a plus
- Tolerance of people facing very difficult life circumstances, including issues of incarceration, social disenfranchisement, HIV, sexuality, race, domestic violence, and substance use required.
Formerly incarcerated individuals are welcome to apply.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Fax: (213) 229-0986
No phone calls please.