Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Social Media Internship for Local Chamber of CommerceBookmark This
Salisbury Chamber of Commerce
Posted: March 16 2016
Company Location: Salisbury, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Salisbury Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization. Since its inception in 1978 as the Salisbury Board of Trade, this organization-known today as the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce- has taken an active role in cooperating with individuals, groups, government agencies and others engaged in similar activities and that have similar goals for the promotion of business in the surrounding towns (Amesbury, Newbury, Newburyport, Rowley and West Newbury) and the town of Salisbury.
To accomplish this, the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce provides our membership with tools, environment, and leadership for their businesses. The Chamber has advocated and led on local, regional and national issues affecting our members. The Chamber will continually plan and evolve to meet our mission.
Salisbury is full of exciting and fun filled places to visit. Enjoy 5 miles of sandy beach. Walk or bike our Rail Trail. Enjoy our many restaurants. Visit the seaside entertainment area. Day or night Salisbury has an offering for the entire family.
The town of Salisbury is a blend of old and new that is unique to the northeast. This quality is evident throughout the community as a whole. Homes dating back to the early 1600's stand alongside farms, modern suburban style houses, contemporary beach side properties and traditional New England cottages, all of which blend together to create a distinctive New England setting. Sandy beaches, summer festivities, boating, fishing and leisure recreational activities await you. We invite you to come experience, explore and discover Salisbury.
ResponsibilitiesThe Social Media Intern will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks within specified deadlines and take full responsibility for his/her projects. His/her foremost priorities, with no order of importance/priority, are as follows:
- Take responsibility for managing the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce's Facebook (FB) page, in a timely manner respective of dates/times of gigs booked by Salisbury Chamber of Commerce, as well as tagging musicians and posting a comment on venue’s FB pages to promote gigs booked by Salisbury Chamber of Commerce.
- Facebook: take responsibility for creating events on Salisbury Chamber of Commerce's Facebook (FB) pages, in a timely manner respective of dates/times of gigs booked by Salisbury Chamber of Commerce, as well as tagging musicians and posting a comment on venue’s FB pages as well as on the artist's FB page to promote gigs booked by Salisbury Chamber of Commerce;
- Create and manage Salisbury Chamber of Commerce's Twitter page.
- Create and manage Salisbury Chamber of Commerce's Instagram page.
- Utilize Hootsuite (or other similar program) to program timely posts, tweets, etc.
The Salisbury Chamber of Commerce is in no means restricted to requesting only the aforementioned duties of the Intern insomuch as they are directly related to the overall goals of the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce in promoting the members of the Chamber and their businesses.
All material drafted and written by the Intern will require approval from the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce prior to being submitted and any/all emails sent on behalf of the Chamber will be sent from the Intern’s assigned email with Linda M. Somma in CC, or BCC when deemed appropriate.
S/he will report directly to Linda M. Somma and to any other party designated by Linda M. Somma in connection with the performance of the duties under this Agreement and shall fulfill any other duties reasonably requested by the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce and agreed to by the Intern.