Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Social Media Manager/Office CoordinatorBookmark This
Bethune Theatredanse/All-Abilities Dance
2501 W. Burbank Blvd., Suite 303
Posted: February 10 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSince 1981, Bethune Theatredanse program, All-Abilities Dance (formerly Infinite Dreams), has been providing dance education and performance opportunities for people with disabilities. Bethune Theatredanse was the first professional dance theater company in America to create a participatory program for children and adults living with disabilities to learn and perform dance and drama, seeks a dedicated and experienced social media manager intern . Candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a social media plan that will include managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite and YouTube. Duties will also include general managing of organizational website.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: basic office duties, writing press releases, strategic communications, media relations, public awareness, advocacy efforts, and increasing visibility and brand recognition of Bethune Theatredanse and All-Abilities Dance program.
As this is a small, non-profit organization, other responsibilities are varied and include grant assembly, reporting and invoicing, filing and organizing as well as the day-to-day operations. Our Intern – Social Media Manager/Office Coordinator must have excellent phone and people skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and be organized and detail-oriented. Knowledge of Excel and Word is a must.
Responsibilities• Work with Bethune Theatredanse leadership to implement a dynamic, effective and aggressive social media plan.
• Draft and disseminate press releases, news advisories, and other media documents, as well as track media clips.
• Coordinate press for diverse and expanding activities.
• Pitch and respond to inquiries from the media.
• Work with staff, leadership and outside PR vendor on major performances and fundraising events.
• Coordinate All-Abilities Dance program efforts between schools and AAD instructors.
• Produce newsletters and reports with other staff members.
• Assist in the development and production of collateral and advertising materials.
• Manage online communications activities, such as writing/sending email blasts, updating content on the website, and serving as a liaison with website vendor.
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years’ experience performing local and national media outreach (experience with performing arts, a plus)
• Experience with advocacy organizations, or previous experience in a nonprofit environment strongly encouraged.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Proven track record of planning and implementing communications programs.
• Proven media relationships, placements and reactive media skills.
• Computer experience with PC platforms and with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Results-oriented and works well under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with a sense of humor, flexibility and enthusiasm are a plus.