Marketing Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
Web Content/Multimedia Internship (summer 2017 with the possibility to extend to fall 2017)Chicago Humanities Festival
Program Internship (summer 2017 with the possibility to extend to fall 2017)Chicago Humanities Festival
Marketing/PR Internship (summer 2017 with the possibility to extend to fall 2017)Chicago Humanities Festival
Development Internship (summer 2017 with the possibility to extend to fall 2017)Chicago Humanities Festival
Production Internship (summer 2017 with the possibility to extend to fall 2017) Reports to: DirectorChicago Humanities Festival
Social Services Intern Summer 2017Tahirih Justice Center
Supporter ngagement InternInvisible Children
Special Event InternBookmark This
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
4825 Trousdale Drive Ste. 238
Posted: August 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, offers a limited number of internships to top students interested in hands-on experience at a leading national nonprofit organization. Students will work under the guidance of CF Foundation staff, acquiring skills and experience with special event fundraising and operational functions within a not-for-profit environment. Special focus on media, public relations, and marketing efforts for upcoming chapter events. Responsible for administrative and clerical functions within the chapter, as assigned. This is a non-paid internship, which may qualify for academic credit at your institution.
Responsibilities• Develop press releases and other materials for events, as assigned
• Assist with building and maintain relationships with local media
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Assist with planning and logistics of events as assigned
• Assist in development and production of event materials as needed
• Seek and follow up on solicitation of in-kind donations and auction items
• Maintain efficient record-keeping systems, including databases
• Coordinate letters and mailings
• Attend events, schedule permitting
• Assist with administrative duties as needed
Requirements• Both Undergraduate and Graduate students will be considered. Students at the junior year level and above are preferred.
• Must be available 10-20 hours per week.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
• Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment.
• Travel to meetings and events as necessary. (may involve evening/weekend hours)
• Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to meetings or events at different locations.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Applications
Preferred - Social Media, Marketing, Public Relations