Community Engagement InternshipArthritis Foundation
Special Events InternAmerican Heart Association - Greater Washington Region
Summer Program MemberProject Transformation North Texas
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
AU PAIRAu pair Network International
Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Special Event InternBookmark This
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
4825 Trousdale Drive Ste. 238
Posted: August 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, offers a limited number of internships to top students interested in hands-on experience at a leading national nonprofit organization. Students will work under the guidance of CF Foundation staff, acquiring skills and experience with special event fundraising and operational functions within a not-for-profit environment. Special focus on media, public relations, and marketing efforts for upcoming chapter events. Responsible for administrative and clerical functions within the chapter, as assigned. This is a non-paid internship, which may qualify for academic credit at your institution.
Responsibilities• Develop press releases and other materials for events, as assigned
• Assist with building and maintain relationships with local media
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Assist with planning and logistics of events as assigned
• Assist in development and production of event materials as needed
• Seek and follow up on solicitation of in-kind donations and auction items
• Maintain efficient record-keeping systems, including databases
• Coordinate letters and mailings
• Attend events, schedule permitting
• Assist with administrative duties as needed
Requirements• Both Undergraduate and Graduate students will be considered. Students at the junior year level and above are preferred.
• Must be available 10-20 hours per week.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
• Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment.
• Travel to meetings and events as necessary. (may involve evening/weekend hours)
• Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to meetings or events at different locations.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Applications
Preferred - Public Relations, Marketing, Social Media