Part-time Intern/Project Assistant: Program CoordinationNDI
Digital Marketing InternHemp Educate America
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Scranton Fringe Festival Arts Administration InternshipScranton Fringe
Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Special Events & Development InternBookmark This
800 Transfer Road, Suite 31
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: January 27 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 06/01/17 — 08/31/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description**POSITION FILLED FOR SPRING 2017. ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2017**
NAMI Minnesota champions justice, dignity, and respect for all people affected by mental illnesses. Through education, support, and advocacy we strive to eliminate the pervasive stigma of mental illnesses, effect positive changes in the mental health system, and increase the public and professional understanding of mental illnesses.
The special events & development intern will learn about all aspects of the fundraising process including finding new donors, cultivating current donors, event planning, and public relations from the perspective of a small nonprofit. Duties will include researching major donors, assisting with fundraising events, and working on membership, grant, and honorarium funding streams. Half of NAMI Minnesota’s budget comes from individual donors and the proceeds from fundraising events. The development intern will contribute to the success of these ventures leading to continued monetary support for NAMI Minnesota’s programs.
Responsibilities• Participate in committee, advisory, and development team meetings.
• Assist with the planning and execution of special events which may include researching venues, developing and coordinating mailings, and/or soliciting donations.
• Help implement NAMI’s planned giving program to increase individual contributions.
• Assist with membership activities, including renewal notices, new member solicitation, and membership benefits.
• Research and build profiles on major donors and prospective grant funders.
• Assist with donor cultivation through letters and phone calls, including follow-up with donors who attend events or respond to appeals.
• Provide event, outreach and administrative support for NAMI Minnesota’s year-long 40th Anniversary celebration.
• Record hours worked in the volunteer log.
• Keep NAMI Minnesota informed of any changes in your contact information, ability to schedule and fulfill your commitments, and/or any successes, concerns, or problems you may encounter.
• Participate in a mid-internship interview and complete a post-internship evaluation.
• Respond promptly to inquiries and requests for further information from NAMI Minnesota.
Requirements• Skilled in written and oral communications, including comfort making phone calls.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, including excel, and graphics applications.
• Able to be self-directed and work independently.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Experience with event planning, fundraising, and/or donor relations preferred, but not required.
• Familiarity with E Tapestry Software a plus.
• Support NAMI Minnesota’s mission to champion justice, dignity and respect for all people affected by mental illnesses.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Oral & Written Communication Skills, Organized, Detail Oriented, Comfortable working independently, Self-directed
Preferred - Event Planning, Fundraising, Database Administration, Donor Relations