Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Special EventsBookmark This
Denver Rescue Mission
6090 Smith Road
Posted: July 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDenver Rescue Mission has been serving the poor and needy in the Denver metro area for more than 120 years. We are changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens.
Internships at Denver Rescue Mission offer hands-on experience in nonprofit, human services, and ministry fields. You won’t be sorting envelopes or delivering coffee! At the Mission, you’ll make a lasting impact by serving the homeless and needy. Our goal is to help interns grow educationally, professionally, and spiritually so that they are equipped for a lifetime of service in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our internships follow the academic calendar and have fall, spring, and summer start dates. Full-time and part-time internships are available. Full-time interns also enjoy free room and board, a monthly stipend and tuition remuneration.
Full time interns only: This Practicum Placement will consist of assisting various staff members with special event activities, especially in the area of event planning and inventory control. Objectives include: effective communication and interaction with persons and agencies involved with special events. i.e. donors, DRM staff, volunteers, and off site agencies; learn cycle of special events activities; actively participate in event planning meetings; assisting in creating marketing and promotion strategies for events; attend and actively participate in the special event; understand how intern’s contribution fits into overall DRM picture.
Please note: A full-time or part-time intern may be considered for the fall term in Northern Colorado.
To start the application process, visit: DenverRescueMission.org/internships
• To learn how to use events as a platform for increasing community awareness of organization.
• To learn time management and prioritization in event management.
• Participate in event planning process
• Create collateral for event promotion & marketing
• Assist in management of event inventory
• Assist in promotion of special events 5) Assist in communication surrounding special events
RequirementsBackground experience and/or requirements
• Working towards Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• Event planning experience
• Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Evening/weekend hours
• At least in second year of university education (preferred)
• If not residing at The Crossing, must have own transportation; no telecommuting allowed
Character traits necessary for the position
• Time management skills
• Communication skills
• Strategic thinker
• Ability to respond to crises with poise
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with a diverse population
• Collaborative team player
• Willingness to learn
• Willingness to adapt on the fly