Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Marketing Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Donor Stewardship Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Special Events Intern - Ambassadors Ball Silent AuctionBookmark This
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Captial Chapter
1800 M St NW Suite 750 South
Posted: November 24 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpecial Events Intern
Location: National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Capital Chapter, Washington, DC
Reports to: Development Manager, VP of Development
Requirements: Full or part-time. Minimum commitment of 12 weeks, 20-40 hours a week.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
• Work with Silent Auction lead staff on the Chapter's premier fundraising event, Ambassadors Ball
• Participate in all aspects of auction development with a focus on the auction item research and solicitations, event logistics & experience. This may include site development, vendor relations, in-kind sponsorship outreach, event promotion, participant cultivation, database support, volunteer outreach, communications, and general community outreach
• Assist with development of event materials including but not limited to data entry for auction online catalog as well as print.
• Assist with auction set up, structure and distribution
• Work independently on special projects within targeted areas mentioned above
• Interest in special event development and planning
• Silent auction planning experience is a plus
• Multilingual is a plus
• An understanding of gala style event needs and logistics
• Comfortable making cold-calls and requesting donations
• Solid writing and communication skills
• Understands the importance of outstanding customer service
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Strong social media skills & awareness
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel programs. Knowledge of Microsoft Power Point and Publisher a Plus!
Contribute to the success of some of the National MS Society’s largest fundraisers. Support the Chapter’s fundraising campaigns that benefit thousands of people in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia, and Maryland affected by MS.